Wishing dinner was ready for you upon your arrival home? Let your slow cooker do the work, and you can have dinner hot and waiting as you walk in the door. Slow cookers are great for stews, meats, and veggies, especially when the recipes don’t require any prep work. I love recipes when all the ingredients go directly into the slow cooker, like this Crockpot Salsa Chicken recipe, and you go out the door. Some slow cooker recipes require lots of searing and sauteing and dirtying of various pans and pots before it all goes in to the slow cooker – I’m not sure I see the point of that! For me, the slow cooker is all about not cooking.
This slow cooker recipe requires just two ingredients: chicken and salsa. You return home to juicy, tender, flavorful chicken that you can pair with fresh ingredients like guacamole, sour cream, tomato, lettuce, cheese, cilantro, and tortillas. Yum! Dinner is ready in a snap. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16-oz) jar Chunky Salsa or your favorite salsa
- Corn or flour tortillas (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded Mexican Cheese (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Add the chicken and salsa to your slow cooker.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. If you’re headed to work, leave it on low and it will be cooked by the time you come home (cooking a little longer is OK).
- Serve with tortillas and other fixings as desired.